Monday, May 29, 2006

the illusion of separateness

Jay Baba, it is around 6 pm and i better go to Meher Prasad, for the satsang and arti..... just see what i got from a brother on the subject! Very good example of HOW understanding our emotions can help dispell the darkness of Maya..... thanks /congradulations to my dear brother, enjoy, Jay Baba..... Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

'Instinctive attraction' may be groovy,
but it's NOT love, which is what I've realized. ….
but I've now realized I was following something located lower down.
She excites me sexually, just looking at her, and my brain gets flooded with a hormone called Oxytocin which makes me feel emotionally high,
(quite separate to my sexual arousal).
Simultaneously, the parts of the brain responsible for reasoning
and judgment are switched-off.

Quite a diabolical process which is in most mammals.
Profound abstract spiritual truths can be inspiring,
but understanding why we do what we do can sometimes be better understood thru science.
I am now free of the delusion that I was in love with her.
And becoming free of Maya's spell
(the illusion of separateness) is what spirituality is basically all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home